Around the Internet This Week
Happy Friday! I do hope you’ve enjoyed our week of celebrating 40 around here. It’s been a fun one! My actual birthday is tomorrow (Saturday), so it should be a fun weekend here.
As the week winds down, we are here to share with you our regular weekly round up, sharing some of the most interesting / pretty / delicious things we’ve found around the internet this week.
- 4 secrets I wish someone had told me before I got pregnant
- 6 ways to stop worrying about things you can’t control
- 10 rooms that flawlessly mix the mint green and pink color combo
- We spy the kitchen of our friends at Sugar & Cloth!
- Forbes named some top influencers in the fitness, beauty, and home categories.
- “I really, genuinely dislike the Louis Vuitton x Jeff Koons Masters collaboration bags the brand debuted on Wednesday” – I have to say that I agree with this thumbs down review.
- I may have gotten teary eyed as I read Arlo’s adoption story. I’m beyond thrilled for Kelly and Jeff!
- In the spirit of our birthday theme this week, DIY birthday cake soap
- My favorite blogger looks of the week:
- Not to be missed: this type of exercise adds the most years to your life
- Paris, of course, is full of photogenic vistas, but this round up of the 12 most Instagrammable spots in Paris is a fun one.
- Smartphones are the new cigarettes – I loved the phrase used a lot in this article, “attention pollution.”
- The basics of eating for your blood type
- I purchased these Sam Edelman slides (for just over $100) this week, and I am already in love! So comfortable and on trend
- This striped and ruffled off the shoulder top is too cute and such a good deal, especially on sale!
- Another great deal: this sweet smocked bell blouse
- How cute is the tassel trim on this striped fit and flare dress?
- How gorgeous is this blush blouse? Also on sale!
- A great classic white shirt dress for less than $100
- I’m considering this versatile knit fit and flare dress in black for less than $70
- The sorbet pastel colors of this top and this dress are a spring dream!
- The embroidery details of this off the shoulder dress are so charming
- Sale shopping:
- Of course, don’t miss the Shopbop sale, which we highlighted at length here
- Ann Taylor is having an amazing sale! An extra 50% off with code SPRING50
- Banana Republic: extra 40% off! No code needed
- Madewell: extra 30% off with code DREAMBIG
- Pottery Barn: extra 20% off with code FRIENDS
Scroll through all those picks and more here:
Around Here This Week
As you know, we had fun celebrating my 40th birthday week around here! Make sure you didn’t miss anything…
- Celebrating 40 : a fun shoot with a colorful wall, lots of balloons, and a colorful striped Marc Jacobs dress
- 40 things I’m looking forward to with my baby girl
- 40 random facts about me
- A delicious guide to Houston’s best birthday cakes!
- Magical unicorn fudge : a yummy and colorful birthday treat
- 40 inspiring quotes our team loves
- Highlights of my 40th year
- Birthday party inspired picks
- Plus, our picks for Shopbop’s major sale
- Also, if you haven’t yet, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter, as a new one will be going out tomorrow morning.
Finally, we wish you a fabulous weekend! Looking forward to seeing you back here on Monday.