This Week in Review
First, I would be remiss if I didn’t start with a big THANK YOU! I can’t thank you enough for all your words of support and encouragement on my big announcement. And thank you in advance for following along on this new journey.
Around The Internet
Moving on, here are some things that caught our eyes around the internet this week:
- A modern rainbow art party for kids
- Business chat : Did you see the news about Snapchat’s IPO this week?
- Just in case you’re not sure what that means, an IPO is an initial public offering. In other words, it’s the first time that the stock of a private company is offered to the public.
- Here are a few interesting articles I’ve read about the IPO this week:
- 6 things to know about Snapchat – from a business perspective
- A California high school’s $15,000 investment in Snapchat 5 years ago is now worth $24 million!
- As investors bid up the stock this week, 27 year old founder Evan Spiegel’s net worth about $6 billion – making his net worth double that of Oprah’s! And if that’s not mind blowing enough, he’s also worth more than Richard Branson and Donald Trump, just to name a few.
- At least on paper… At least for now. 😉
- Oddly enough, Snap shareholders will have no voting rights. This is not normal at all. In fact, it’s the first US IPO ever that has this restriction. However it doesn’t seem to be deterring investors thus far!
- Congrats to our friends at Laura U Interior Design on ten years of business!
- Check out some of their best rooms through the years.
- Edible funfetti chocolate chip cookie dough – yes please! I’ll eat it all right now.
- I really enjoyed the way Grace distilled recent NYFW street style into wearable looks.
- If you’re too busy for these 5 things, your life is more off course than you think – an eye-opener of an article!
- Great practical tips on Scout the City on manifesting the life you want.
- Michelle from Travel Junkie Diary shares reasons to stay at in Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai – personally one of my favorite resorts complexes in Dubai! Beautiful, great views, wonderful restaurants, fun night life.
- Taking on any home improvement projects? My friend Elsie shares some of her renovation regrets.
- We are in love with Oh Joy’s new furniture collection!
- A few sales of note:
- A cute little ruffle tee for less than $50
- Adorable pleated skirt for less than $100 – and with elastic waist. Yay for me!
- How cute is this tassel layering necklace?
- Once again, so many great new arrivals at J.Crew
- Loving this little twist front tee for only $22!
- Phone cross body bag : I saw my friend Amanda carrying this last week, and now I want one.
- Pom pom and tassel sandals for less than $100!
- The cutest faux fur sneakers (in six different colors) for less than $100!
- This rainbow stripe bag is speaking our color-loving language!
- This less than $100 gray cardigan I have and love (seen here) is back in stock – so I thought I’d let ya know. 😉
- Surprise! It’s a girl!
- I think I love you, baby! A comfy casual cute look
- LBD with bell sleeves + colorful accessories
- Meet the team : Mari, our photographer extraordinaire
- Magically delicious : amazing lucky charms cake by Bella – possibly the cutest cake ever, and perfect for St. Patrick’s Day
- National Day of Unplugging : how and why to do so by Mari – one of the best resources of an article we’ve ever published. Way to go, Mari!
See you back here on Monday morning! Until then, have a great weekend.