How to Make the Very Best Unicorn Hot Chocolate
One of our favorite things to do during the cooler months is cozy up with hot chocolate. However, what we’ve come to fall in love with this winter is not just any average old hot chocolate. In fact, if you’ll recall, our sweet Bella shared three unique hot chocolate recipes here.
Today, we are kicking our hot chocolate game up another notch with unicorn hot chocolate! Yes, it’s a real thing. And yes it’s awesome. It’s not only absolutely delicious, but it’s one of the most beautiful things we’ve ever laid our eyes on. It’s almost too pretty to drink (almost being the key word).
If you haven’t heard of unicorn hot chocolate, then you are really in for a treat. Now, if you live in Houston, we highly recommend going right over to Petite Sweets to get theirs. But if you don’t live in the area, though, or if you’d rather try making it in the comfort of your own home, we have something special for you today.
Petite Sweets has given us exclusively their secret recipe! They said we could share it with all of you, and we are so excited to do so. You won’t be able to find this recipe anywhere else, so be sure to bookmark it, pin it, and save it for anytime you get a hot chocolate craving (or if you just want to look at something colorful and pretty). Plus, it also makes for a perfect Valentine’s Day treat.
So, without further ado…
Ingredients (for 12 oz serving)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 8 oz. milk (any kind you’d like to use)
- 1 drop pink food coloring/pink food shade (organic preferred)
- Whipped cream topping (as much as you’d like)
- Rainbow mini marshmallows (as much as you’d like)
- Rainbow sprinkles (as much as you’d like)
- Dusting of edible gold and silver glitter
- Put 1/2 cup white chocolate chips with the milk into a pot, stir over medium heat until meltted, stir frequently.
- Add 1 drop of pink food coloring or pink food shade. Organic is preferred.
- Pour colored white chocolate into an oversized mug. Top it with a generous portion of whipped cream topping, a handful of rainbow mini marshmallows, rainbow sprinkles, and a dusting of edible gold and silver glitter.
- Serve with 1 white chocolate dipped spoon (from your melted white chocolate chips) and add sprinkles.
One More Thing
And there you have it! If nothing else, unicorn hot chocolate makes for the most beautiful Instagram-worthy photos. But in fact, it’s absolutely scrumptious, too. Have you had unicorn hot chocolate? If not, do you think you’ll try to make it? Let us know in the comments below. We’d love to hear.
Finally, we have to say thanks again to our sweet friends at Petite Sweets for sharing this goodness with us!
Photos by Maritere Rice