2 Cranberry Cocktail Recipes for the Holidays
Written by Bella Bucchiotti
The holiday party season is just around the corner, and that means it is time to mix up some festive cocktails. Don’t worry – we have you covered. It will be easy to be the “hostess with the mostest” and to brighten everyone’s spirits with these two holiday cranberry cocktails. Cheers, friends!
Festive Orange Cranberry Mimosa
Raise a glass and toast with this orange-cranberry sparkling drink. This Orange Cranberry Mimosa is easy to make and one you must try. In fact, this drink is a great way to start your holiday mornings! Remember to use fresh squeezed orange juice, because it just isn’t the same without it.
- 1 1/2 Cups cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 Cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1 Cup orange juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 Bottle champagne, chilled
- Garnish: orange wedges and cranberries
- In a saucepan combine the cranberries, sugar and water. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain to remove cranberries. Refrigerate syrup until chilled. This can be made the day before.
- Place 3 to 4 tablespoons of orange juice into a champagne flute. Add 2 tablespoons for the cranberry syrup.
- Fill remainder of glass with champagne. Garnish and serve.
Cranberry Lime Moscow Mule
Now, let’s really get this holiday party started! Your guests will love this Cranberry Lime Moscow Mule and be back for seconds and thirds! Any mug will do, but who can resist the traditional copper mug?
- 2 Oz. vodka
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice, fresh
- 4 Oz. cranberry juice (not cocktail)
- Ginger Beer
- Garnish: lime wedges, granulated sugar and frozen cranberries
- In a copper mug, combine the vodka, lime juice and the cranberry juice.
- Add ice and then fill remainder of the mug with ginger beer.
- Stir and garnish. A sprinkle of granulated sugar on the garnish adds a festive sparkle.
So, there you have it – two of our favorite holiday cranberry cocktails. Do you have any cranberry cocktail ideas? We’d love to hear! Let us know in the comments. Finally, have a delicious day!