MILLY by Michelle
Are you familiar with the fashion label MILLY by Michelle? MILLY designer Michelle Smith does bold, contemporary, yet feminine designs expertly. She has an uncanny ability to take sportswear classics and give them a tailoring twist like she did with this dress I’m wearing. That precision tailoring comes from her time spent interning with French powerhouses like Dior, Hermes, and Louis Vuitton. While the pieces certainly are made with high-quality fabrics and great attention to detail, the label still manages to maintain a sensible price point, making it one of my go-to’s for everyday fashion.
Top 13 Spring Dresses from MILLY
I particularly find myself drawn to MILLY dresses, especially in the warmer months. There’s something so fun and effortless about her dresses. So, I’ve rounded up the top 13 dresses from MILLY’s spring / summer line. Read my thoughts, take a look, and decide which one might need to end up in your closet!
- Rib knit stripe dress : This cheerful dress caught my eye right away. Stripes + color. What’s not to love? Add in the unexpected twist of the asymmetrical hem, and I was sold! For sizing reference, you might size down one size. I first tried the medium but ended up with the small.
- Ink block print ‘Jordan’ tie dress : This number is another happy option. The painterly stripes, the cut-outs, and the tie-accents all lend a vintage feel to this unique dress.
- ‘Mariella’ stripe off the shoulder dress : If you’re still looking for the perfect way to embrace the off-the-shoulder trend, try this one. It’s even cuter in person!
- ‘Selena’ slit dress : If solids are more your style, try this ruffled off-the-shoulder dress. It’s such an elegant look.
- ‘Pop Camo’ fit & flare dress : The fit and flare silhouette is one of the most flattering shapes on the planet. With the added flair of this pop print, this would make the perfect party dress.
- Grid lace fit & flare dress : Another dress with the fun fit and flare silhouette, this one would be wonderful for bridal celebrations. Plus, everyone should have a little white dress in her closet. Just don’t wear it to a wedding unless you’re the bride! For our top nine tips on wearing a white dress, read here.
- Breton sleeveless striped shirtdress : If you’ve yet to pick up a shirtdress for your wardrobe, consider this one. The contrasting stripe trim gives it a special touch.
- Solid sleeveless shirtdress : For an even more comfy and roomy shirtdress option, try this trapeze-like shape with an asymmetrical hem.
- Strappy stripe maxi dress : With its classic stripes yet updated hemline, this dress is perfect for those summer garden parties. It comes in two colors – both orange and gray.
- Sleeveless floral print midi dress : Or, if you want to bring the garden party with you, try this bold dress. The brushstroke florals are like a work of art.
- ‘Kate’ halter wrap dress : Now, if you (unlike me!) prefer your dresses to be more neutral, try this one. The plunging neckline, open back, and tulip hem make this dress an attention-grabber – even with its lack of color!
- Sleeveless brushstroke mini dress : In case I haven’t offered you just the right colorful option yet, take a look at this one. This rainbow painted dress is a lovely option for spring.
- Strapless brushstroke ball gown : Last but not least, if you have a spring gala to attend, good news : the rainbow brushstroke comes in gown form too. So, paint the town red (or rainbow, as the case may be) in this head-turning frock.
Browse all thirteen of the dresses here:
Thanks as always for stopping by! It’s a pleasure and honor to have you be part of the community and discussion here. Be sure to sign-up for our soon-to-be-launched newsletter. Sign-up is on the Wear + Where + Well homepage.
Photos by Maritere Rice