Around the Internet
Written by Julie Weinstein
Hey guys, how are you? It’s been a crazy couple weeks here in Houston. As Carrie mentioned on Wednesday, the recovery has really only just begun. We have a long road ahead down here, but things are looking up, the sun is shining, and the kindness and generosity and love currently being felt in this city is pretty remarkable. Again, we thank you all so much for your thoughts and well wishes, and we are slowly but surely getting back into the swing of things on this end.
So, keep on reading for our favorite reads and finds from around the web lately!
Favorite Blogger Looks of the Week
- I love blush and olive together, and those added bow details on Blair? Adore!
- Jenn looks fabulous in her striped shirt and bold skirt look. And that backdrop!
- What a beautiful dress on Julia.
- The exaggerated sleeves on Wendy’s top are picture perfect.
- How fun and festive is Monica’s dress?
Favorite Posts and Articles of the Week
- You had us at rainbow, but really. Rainbow fruit pizza?! YUM.
- Heading to NYC for NYFW? You might want to check out Caroline’s brand new New York City Guide. You can also see our Soho Travel Guide here and New York City Mural Guide here.
- A Fare Extraordinaire is offering a delivery service so you can send someone a warm meal, which can be especially nice if one has been displaced from their home due to the hurricane.
- Switch2Pure just launched this week, which provides monthly subscriptions and curated kits for clean beauty, safer skincare, and natural home products. We can’t wait to learn more about these non-toxic skincare, beauty, and baby products.
- I really enjoyed reading about how Hallie’s friendship changed with her best friend, but how that change is not a bad thing at all. It’s a tad lengthier read, but really worth it, as it goes deep into the topic of friendships.
- It’s truly unbelievable how JJ Watt has raised $27 million for Hurricane Harvey relief. Amazing, right?
- Survivor’s guilt is a real thing, guys. It’s nice to know I’m not the only one who feels it, though. Because, truly, I feel guilty and awful saying “we were fine, thankfully” because so so many weren’t.
- And another good read if you are from Houston, but weren’t in town for the storm.
- Looking for a good book to read? Grace always has the best recommendations.
- I’m 99.9% sure Carrie needs this bomber jacket in her life! Rainbow!! All the colors!
- And I’m very much into this “wild child” sweatshirt.
- I absolutely love this seriously fun bag.
- Golden Goose can truly do no wrong.
- Bold and bright and beautiful…this sweater!
Browse more below –
Do you remember the delicious peaches and cream cupcakes Holly of Club Crafted created for us? Well, she also made Chobani Flip mint chocolate chip popsicles (which you can see here)! And they are very easy to make. You simply transfer the yogurt to a large ziplock bag, clipping and piping yogurt into a popsicle mold, alternating with layers of crunchy topping. Then you’ll insert the popsicle sticks and freeze them for about four hours. She also recommends tapping the mold on the countertop before freezing to ensure there are no gaps in the yogurt. And that’s all there is to it!
We have something special for all you mamas to be out there! Ingrid + Isabel, one of Carrie’s absolute favorite maternity brands when she was pregnant (which you might remember seeing here and here), generously sent a bunch of beautiful items to her months back. And because little Miss Elle came a month early, Carrie actually didn’t get to wear many of them. SO, she’d love to send these beautiful pieces to one of you! They are all dresses in size medium.
And P.S. the sweats you see Carrie wearing in the photos below are Ingrid + Isabel, and they can absolutely be worn post partum, too! They are her favorites.
Just five days after Elle was born / Their first walk in the stroller
Original post : 5 Tips to Host a Girls Night In
Around Here This Week
- How to give back by supporting brands that are giving back (updated last night!)
- And now we recover
- Just add sprinkles : a delightful take on ice cream sandwiches
We hope you all have a great weekend. To those of you in Florida or in the pathway of Irma, please stay safe and we’ll be thinking of you. See you back here Monday!