When Lyndsey, Rosie, and I were all together in Houston for our Sachin & Babi project, we figured we might as well double the fun with a second photo shoot. This theme was clearly decidedly more casual. We decided to focus on the winter classic: plaid scarves.
If you’ve been following along here all week, you might have sensed a theme… The theme: how to dress yourself for holiday occasions. We started with what to wear to a fancy festive fete. Then, we followed that up with modern ideas for how to dress in a classy way for cocktail parties. And now we are ending with the idea of how to dress for casual holiday gatherings.
Our not-so-secret weapon this season for injecting a jovial jolt into a usual outfit is the plaid scarf. The weight of a scarf makes it comfortably cozy for these cooler months, while the plaid pattern makes it perfect for casual holiday happenings. Keep in mind that these make great gifts, as they fit universally.
The patterns and colors of plaid are endless this season. So whether shopping for yourself or for others, keep the recipient’s particular personality in mind as you pinpoint the perfect plaid.
Our Top 25 Picks
Given that there are so many plaid options this season, we tried to do the ground work for you by narrowing the search, while still providing ample choices. So, here are our top 25 plaid scarf selections – starting at just $30. Happy shopping!
Details of My Look
By Malene Birger Lanah wool blend turtleneck sweater (on sale!) | Current/Elliott stiletto destroyed skinny jeans (note: these run small! Order up a size; similar but looser fit here) | Manolo Blahnik BB pointy toe plaid pump (red sold out, but gray version available) | Eugenia Kim Georgina fedora hat (on sale!) |Asos plaid scarf (exact sold out, but very similar here and here) | Bao Bao Issey Miyake prism bag | Nars jungle red lipstick | OPI Coca-Cola red nail polish | Thierry Lasry sunglasses (similar)
- Be sure not to miss this giveaway for this Kate Spade gift box clutch, valued at $398 and perfect for the holidays! Entries open until Sunday evening, and the winner will be announced on Monday.
- If you’re still doing your holiday shopping, be sure to check out the resources we’ve gathered here for you
- 2015 Wear + Where + Well Holiday Boutique – ever changing! New items added daily
- Top 10 gifts for the hostess
- Top 10 gifts for the jetsetter
- Top 10 gifts for him
- Top 10 gifts for her
- Top 25 gift under $100
- Cocktail dress ideas for holiday parties
- Holiday glam ideas with Sachin & Babi
- Top 15 hats for the holidays with Eugenia Kim
- What are your plans for the weekend? My plans include one really laid back day and rest and relaxation + one day of working with a super talented friend on some delicious content for you to see and read here next week!
- Have a super weekend!
All my best,