How to Make a Delicious Strawberry Jalapeño Margarita
Did you know? Today is #NationalMargaritaDay! As you likely saw yesterday, we put up a Houston Mexican restaurant guide, full of places where you can get, not only delicious fajitas, but also mouth watering margaritas, too. And today we’re bringing you a recipe for a strawberry jalapeño margarita, courtesy of our very own Maritere Rice.
(makes about 3 margaritas, depending on glass size)
- 3 oz. tequila (4 oz. if you like a stronger margarita)
- 4 oz. freshly squeezed pulp free orange juice
- 8-12 strawberries (depending on size), thinly sliced (more for garnish)
- 1 jalapeño sliced (few more slices for garnish)
- 1 1/2 oz. agave nectar
- Juice from 4 big limes (about 3 oz.)
- Coarse pink salt for rim of glasses (and a pinch of salt for recipe)
- Combine strawberries, tequila, orange juice, jalapeño, lime juice, agave nectar, and a pinch or two of pink sea salt in the blender and mix well.
- Moisten the rim of your margarita glasses with the wedge of a lime, then dip the glass in the pink sea salt to coat the rim of each glass.
- Add crushed ice to each one of the margarita glasses, then garnish with a slice each of orange, lime, and strawberry, and set aside.
- Prepare a cocktail shaker cup with crushed ice then add the margarita mix that you mixed in the blender. Cover cocktail shaker and shake margarita mix well.
- Pour margaritas into each prepared glass, then top with two or three thin slices of jalapeño each. Enjoy!
So, what are you doing for National Margarita Day? We recommend starting off the night with this strawberry jalapeño margarita, then heading to one of our favorite Mexican restaurants. Let us know what you end up doing and have a great day!
Photos and recipe by Maritere Rice