Rainbow Crepe Cake
We’re sure, by now, you know how much we love color here at Wear + Where + Well. The more color, the better, in our book. And today’s recipe is certainly pulling on our heart strings. Because nothing is more delightful than this no bake rainbow crepe cake. Yes, no bake! This colorful, happy rainbow crepe cake is certainly a showstopper to wake up to. It can be eaten for a special breakfast or as a dessert.
The key to success is to make each crepe the same size. This is done by measuring the batter and using the same amount for each crepe.
This cake doesn’t have to be rainbow, of course; we just couldn’t resist. It would be equally spectacular as an ombre cake or in party or team colors. How about pink and green for the holiday season? The options are truly endless.
- 4 eggs
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/4 Cup butter, unsalted & melted
- 2 Cups milk
- 2 Cups flour
- Food coloring
- 1/2 Cup butter, unsalted & room temperature
- 1 Package cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 Cups icing sugar
- Icing sugar
- Add eggs, sugar, vegetable oil, butter, milk, flour in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Divide the batter equally in bowls, depending on how many colors you want. Add food coloring to each bowl and mix to incorporate.
- Brush a frying or crepe pan or griddle with butter.
- Over medium heat cook about 1/4 cup of the batter at a time. Spread the batter thin. Make sure that you make the crepes a consistent size.
- When the top of the crepe is dry, flip the crepe over and cook for another 20 seconds.
- For the filling, cream together all the ingredients.
- To build the crepe cake, start with the purple layer and finish with the red. Thinly spread the filling between the layers.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Sprinkle on icing sugar before serving.
So, what do you think? Are you loving this little dessert as much as we do? Please let us know if you make it! Have a great rest of your day.