Tips for Selling on Poshmark
1. Take great photos! What you’ll need to do:
– Find a well-lit area that is clear of clutter. Hanging an item on a wall/door or laying it flat on the floor tend to work best.
– Include photos of the front, back, label, and tag (if attached).
– Include close up shots of any damages and/or noteworthy details (buttons, zippers, seams, pockets, etc.). Bonus for photos of the item being modeled. You can do this through the original online listing or try it on if it fits you!
2. Include a thorough description. What you’ll need to do:
– Include a description from the original retailer (or a third party selling the item) when possible. Otherwise, create a detailed description to the best of your ability.
– Include details such as the brand, color, size, fit, condition, fabric, care instructions, etc. * Be upfront and honest about any wear and tear. *
– Optional: offer styling tips!
3. Share your items! What you’ll need to do:
– Share your theme-appropriate items in daily “Posh Parties.” Every day different themed “parties” take place within a two-hour window. If you have items in your closet that fall into that category you “share” them. Tons of users sign on during the “party” already looking for the type of item(s) you’re selling. This is a great way to increase your followers and sell items faster.
– You can also share items you think are great finds from other people’s closets with your own followers. In turn, they’ll often share your posts which lead to greater exposure and quicker sales.
4. Be consistent! What you’ll need to do:
– Check your account daily for updates on likes, comments, purchases, and upcoming Posh Parties.
– Answer all questions on listings promptly and thoroughly.
– Put your account on a “vacation hold” when you’re traveling so buyers know your items are unavailable for ship until you return. They are listed as “not for sale” until you remove this setting. However, you can still share them, and viewers can still “like” and “comment” on them.
5. Price accordingly. What you’ll need to do:
– Do your research on what the item originally cost at full price and what it sold for last (if it went on sale).
– Price your items according to age, condition, designer, and demand. Check to see what other Poshmark users are selling the same/similar items for. This should give you a good idea of how to price your item. (start a bit higher if you’re unsure as you can lower your prices at any point if items aren’t selling or receiving offers)
– Be open to offers. If you’re willing to negotiate you can sell items faster!
– Offer bundles discounts. This allows buyers to save 5-30% when purchasing more than one item from your closet. You set the offer and they are automatically applied at checkout.
6. End on a high note! What you’ll need to do:
– Ship all sold items within 3 days.
– Be sure to wrap the item(s) nicely in tissue paper.
– Include a handwritten thank you note.
– Package your items well in the appropriate sized box/envelope so they arrive in good condition.
Doing all of these things ensure that the buyer will accept your item without any issues and will leave you a good review. Happy Poshing!