Peter Pilotto embellished bomber jacket (on sale here!)
J Brand photo ready skinny jeans (here)
Ray-Ban mirrored sunglasses (here)
J.Crew earrings (older; similar here)
The Designers – Peter Pilotto:
Peter Pilotto and Christopher De Vos, the dynamic designing duo behind the brand Peter Pilotto, met in 2000 while enrolled at the Royal Academy of Fine Arts in Antwerp, Belgium. In 2009, the pair was awarded the Best Emerging Talent Award from the British Fashion Council (BFC). Since that time, the label has grown in popularity exponentially. In fact, in 2014, the pair was again honored by the BFC, this time winning the BFC / Vogue Designer Fashion Fund which was designed to support young, emerging British-based designers.
Their aesthetic for womenswear is definitely a study in contrasts. The two combine old world elegance with new world edge, soft shapes with progressive prints, and timeless tailoring with creative cuts. The woman for whom Peter Pilotto designs is certainly not one who likes to blend into a crowd. The Peter Pilotto lover is one who embraces print and pattern, and she has the presence to pull off both!
The duo has definitely won my heart with their vibrant colors and unique prints. If you are interested in trying the daring designs (which may lead onlookers to do a double take), check out some of my favorite Peter Pilotto pieces currently available.
1. Aro embellished dress (on sale here!)
2. Lex embellished bomber jacket (on sale here!)
3. Lex embellished dress (on sale here!)
4. Vapor printed dress (here – love this one for spring)
5. Emma printed cloque A-line skirt (on sale here!)
6. RH printed cloque top (on sale here!)
7. Ruc printed cotton sweatshirt (on sale here!)
8. LTN tweed and printed skirt (on sale here!)
9. Printed cloque dress (on sale here!)
PS – I value your feedback! Tell me what you would like to see on Wear + Where + Well in 2015 by commenting here.