Friday Favorite Finds: Our Top 45 Nordstrom Sale Picks
Hi, y’all. Happy Friday! How has your week been? It’s been a bear of a week for me. As I mentioned in the only other article this week, my guy and I both seem to have contracted a stomach bug last weekend in San Diego. The weekend was fun, but boy have we paid the price all week. I hope your week has been more pleasant than mine. 😉
Enough about that. On to the subject of the day:
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale: Preface
Let me begin with a preface about the sale… As I mentioned last Friday, I was torn about whether or not to post about this. In the blogger world anyway, I feel inundated with Nordstrom Sale (#NSale, as it’s called online) posts. I don’t know whether you as a consumer sense this or not, but it’s definitely how I’m feeling. Plus, I pride myself on bringing you different and unique content here — content that’s not the same as what you will find elsewhere.
So, I turned to you all to get your input…On Snapchat (username: wearwherewell), I asked you to chime in on whether or not you cared to hear my thoughts on the Nordstrom sale. The feedback was that approximately 3/4 of you all wanted to hear my take on this and other sales. With that in mind, I bring you this limited, exclusive coverage — i.e., I won’t be inundating you with coverage of the sale. This is it.
About the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
Now, if you aren’t quite sure what all this Nordstrom Anniversary Sale talk is about, let me give you the lowdown:
Why should you care about the Nordstrom Sale?
Well, unlike most sales which offer end-of-season goods at a discount, the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale does just the opposite. For a limited time only, brand new styles for the upcoming season are available at deeply discounted prices. It’s Nordstrom’s way of celebrating their anniversary each year.
When is the Nordstrom Sale?
If you have a Nordstrom card, then you’ve probably been enjoying early access for the last week or so.
Today, though (Friday, July 22), marks the beginning of open access to the public! The sale runs from now through August 7th. Prices go back up on August 8th.
How should I shop the Nordstrom Sale?
I personally am not one who gets caught up in the hoopla of a sale. Sure, I love a good deal as much as anyone else. But we should still take a measured, logical approach with our purchases. So, when it comes to shopping this sale (or any sale, for that matter), I look for three things:
- Good deals on designer pieces
- Good deals on seasonal staples
- Good deals on things I already know and love
No need to go overboard on this or any other sale. Go in with this mindset, and use it as an opportunity to build your wardrobe.
My Top 45 Favorite Picks from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
With that in mind, here are my top 45 selections, with commentary below highlighting specific favorites.
- #2: This Halogen belted color blocked dress is such a great option for the corporate woman.
- #4: Most of this sale is “buy now, wear later”, but how about “buy now, wear now”? This sleeveless floral print silk dress by Rebecca Taylor is perfect for that! As temperatures cool, throw a leather jacket over it — like this great one from Topshop that is also part of #NSale.
- #5: This drape neck ruched dress by Lafayette 148 is such a classic for work wear. I have it in other colors and wore it all the time to work.
- #11: I love a good statement coat and wish I had the need for more of them! But alas I live in warm-weathered Houston. Otherwise, I would be snatching up this Charles Grey London plaid wrap coat.
- #15: I’m in love with this Rebeca Taylor fringe pullover sweater. It’s perfect for everyday wear in the fall. I plan to pair it with some wide-legged cropped jeans, like #19, and some booties, like #25.
- #17: The JBrand 811 skinny jeans are my favorite style of skinny jeans. They are comfortable and flattering. I have them in black and white. I’ll be picking up this pair as well.
- #21: Rag & Bone booties have turned into closet classics. I bought this pair four or so years ago. I still wear them each time the weather turns cool. If you don’t already have a pair, snag a pair on sale. You won’t regret it.
- #22: Alexander Wang on sale. Need I say more?
- #29: White sneakers are so on trend right now. Pick up your pair on sale for less than $60 with these Adidas superstar sneakers.
- #30: This Barefoot Dreams robe is by far the softest robe I’ve ever had! It’s hard to even describe the softness. If you are even slightly in need of a new robe, consider this one. It’d also make a great Christmas gift for any of you who are planning ahead.
- #34: These are the Dior ‘So Real’ sunglasses I wear all the time (like here and here). They are currently showing as sold out but keep checking back for restocking.
- #35: Without revealing too much, I will say that these Hanky Panky low-rise thongs are my daily go-to. Getting them for a discount? Sign me up.
- #36 : A hint for Monday’s article – it will involve this Rag & Bone navy fedora.
- #38: Did someone say, Hermes? For $50? What a lovely gift set this would make!
- #39: My friend Merritt of The Style Scribe swears by Neulash. I’ll be using this sale as an opportunity to try it out finally.
- #41: I credit my Clarisonic Mia for keeping my skin smooth in between facials. The gentle exfoliation is fabulous.
There you have it! My best recommendations from the Nordstrom Sale offerings. Happy shopping! If you notice something is sold out, check back. Nordstrom is known for restocking during this anniversary sale. I’d love to hear what you pick out.
Also, continue to give me your constructive feedback here. It’s so valued! Would you like to see more sale coverage like this? Or not? Either way, let me know. I’ll take it into consideration.
Have a great weekend!
Graphic design by Ashley Cardoza