Continuing the Celebration with 40 Inspiring Quotes
Written by Julie Weinstein
You might remember in our Meet the Team series we each answered the question What is your favorite quote? And what you may or may not have noticed is that the majority of us listed quite a few. Turns out, we all share a major love of quotes. Personally, I feel a good one can be life changing. And there are so many great ones out there.
To continue with our celebratory week in honor of Carrie’s 40th coming up, we’ve pulled together 40 inspiring quotes that our team loves. Each one of us submitted our favorites, and all are compiled below for you.
40 Inspiring Quotes
In no particular order, enjoy these 40 inspiring quotes our team loves.
- “Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire.”
- “Positive things happen to positive people.”
- “Just be yourself. Let people see the real, imperfect, flawed, quirky, weird, beautiful, and magical person that you are.”
- “Make someone happy + you will be happy too.”
- “Completely, and perfectly, and incandescently happy.”
- “Laughter is a sunbeam of the soul.” – Thomas Mann, The Magic Mountain
- “Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine to the mind.” – Luther Burbank
- “She believed she could, so she did.” – R.S. Grey, Scoring Wilder
- “Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.”- Buddha
- “Everyone needs a fantasy.” – Andy Warhol
- “Be so good they can’t ignore you.” – Steve Martin
- “The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls.”- Pablo Picasso
- “We are all a little broken but the last time I checked, broken crayons still color the same.” – Trent Shelton
- “I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.” – Dr. Seuss
- “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” – Dr. Seuss, Happy Birthday to You!
- “People will stare. Make it worth their while.” – Harry Winston
- “If you retain nothing else, always remember the most important rule of beauty which is: Who cares?” – Tina Fey
- “Happy girls are the prettiest.” – Audrey Hepburn
- “Admire someone else’s beauty without questioning your own.”
- “You deserve love and you’ll get it.” – Amy Poehler
- “Love liberates, it doesn’t bind.” – Maya Angelou
- “Don’t be afraid of your fears. They’re not there to scare you. They’re there to let you know that something is worth it.” – C.JoyBell C.
- “Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place.” -Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
- “Goodness is about character – integrity, honesty, kindness, generosity, moral courage, and the like. More than anything else, it is about how we treat other people.” – Dennis Prager
- “A grateful heart is a beginning of greatness. It is an expression of humility. It is a foundation for the development of such virtues as prayer, faith, courage, contentment, happiness, love, and well-being.” – James E. Faust
- “The moment we believe that success is determined by an ingrained level of ability as opposed to resilience and hard work, we will be brittle in the face of adversity.” – Joshua Waitzkin
- “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” – Harriet Tubman
- “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” – Winston Churchill
- “Happiness, not in another place, but this place…not for another hour, but this hour.” – Walt Whitman
- “At times you have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you’ll discover will be wonderful. What you’ll discover is yourself.” – Alan Alda
- “Now matters more than any other time in your life.” – Hal Elrod
- “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” – Plato (though proper attribution is widely debated)
- “Work hard and be nice to people.”
- “Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can.” – John Wesley
- “Our journey is about being more deeply involved in life and yet less attached to it.” – Ram Dass
- “Trade your expectation for appreciation and the world changes instantly.” – Tony Robbins
- “Comparison is the thief of joy.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “Be the energy you want to attract.”
- “If we don’t change, we don’t grow. If we don’t grow, we aren’t really living.” – Gail Sheehy
Now, we’d love to hear from you. What is your favorite quote? Please share in the comments below! We hope you’ve been enjoying this celebratory week on Wear + Where + Well because it’s been so fun creating it. Don’t worry, though; the week isn’t over yet. We’ll see you back here in the morning as we continue celebrating! Have a great rest of your day.