3 Avocado Breakfast Recipes
Do you love avocado as much as we do? Really, what’s not to love about it? This fruit (yes, it’s a fruit!) is packed with nutrition and is quite delicious. So, what better way to start your day than with a good dose of avocado?
To help you get started, here are 3 easy recipe ideas for incorporating avocados into your breakfasts…
Pineapple Avocado Smoothie
First, we recommend trying avocado in your morning smoothie. This may not have occurred to you yet, but avocado makes smoothies incredibly rich and creamy! Then, just add pineapple to create a tropical tasting smoothie that everyone will love.
- 1/2 Avocado, removed from skin
- 2 Kiwi, peeled
- 1/2 Cup pineapple, frozen
- 1/4 Cup Almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- Honey, to taste
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- If using fresh pineapple, add a cup of ice.
Avocado Egg Bake
Second, if savory breakfasts are more your taste, you’re going to love this avocado egg bake. Indeed, eggs are a great way to start the day. And these eggs baked in an avocado are surprisingly quick and easy to make. Plus, everyone loves the presentation of this egg bake.
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Eggs
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. salsa
- Lemons or lime wedge
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Cut avocado in half lengthwise and remove pit.
- Widen the hole in each avocado half by scraping out about 1 tablespoon of avocado flesh from each side.
- Place the avocado halves in a baking dish with sides with the cut side up.
- Crack an egg into each half. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to a plate.
- Top with salsa and a lemon or lime wedge.
Finally, perhaps the most popular way to eat avocado for breakfast is currently in the form of avocado toast. Well, we have our own unique twist on avocado toast. Start by adding cream cheese and avocado on top. Then, throw on a few berries and your breakfast will be at once healthy, delicious, and Instagram worthy!
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- 2 Slices of whole grain bread
- 1/4 Cup cream cheese
- Raspberries, fresh
- Strawberries, fresh
- Pineapple, fresh
- Chia seeds
- Toast 2 slices bread until golden
- Top with cream cheese.
- Cut avocado, remove from skin and slice. Add to top of the cream cheese
- Place other desired toppings on toast and sprinkle with chia seeds.
So, there you have it — our three favorite ways to eat avocado in the morning. Let us know how you like to incorporate avocado into your breakfast recipes.
Finally, before you go, make sure to check out our major Houston Mural Guide update. In fact, we’ve added over 20 new walls to the guide. You won’t want to miss it!