First, on a somber note… To say that we in Houston are experiencing April showers would be an understatement, to say the least. The flooding in the Houston area has been of epic proportions. For those of you who have asked, thank you for your concern. I personally have been fortunate to be unaffected. But many people around here have not been so fortunate. People have lost cars, belongings, homes, and even their lives.
If you feel compelled to help, I suggest giving to the American Red Cross. My understanding is that funds given to the Texas Gulf Coast region will stay in the region to help those affected. Thank you.
The 23 Best Pool Floats for Summer 2016
On a lighter note, I am looking forward to the day soon when the clouds recede, the sun shines, and the temperatures rise! I am a warm weather gal. Sunshine makes me happy.
I’m already dreaming of plenty of pool parties this summer. And it goes without saying that a pool party is nothing without oversized pool floats, right? Last summer, my primary flotation device was the hugely popular pink flamingo, although I sometimes opted for an ice cream sandwich float or a donut float.
This summer, I think I’ll mix it up. Maybe a toucan, a whale, or a rubber ducky? What do you think? Whether you are looking for something sweet, something savory, something sporty, or something retro, there’s surely a float to float your boat.
Fun fact: did you know that you can click directly on the images in the collage below to shop the products? Yep. It’s super easy. Give it a try. 😉
Friday Favorite Finds: This Week’s 11 Must-Reads
As I initiated last week, each week I’ll be sharing a random collection of articles that caught my attention during the week. Here are the eleven must-read articles for this week.
- 8 Ways to Slow Down and De-Stress Your Busy Life – common-sense tips, but good reminders
- 9 Websites to Help You Plan a Trip – I already use some of these, and I’ll now start using a few others
- 12 Things Successful People Do Differently
- 37 Books That Will Make You Better at Business – numbers 5, 6, 10, and 18 are a few of my personal favorites
- A Conversation on Color with Kelly Wearstler – such a fan of her interior design
- Brooklyn Decker’s Eclectic Texas Home – in love with the blue kitchen!
- Eva Chen : “It’s Not a Numbers Game” – thoughts on how fashion brands can excel on Instagram
- How to Achieve Thick, Long Lashes – I’m so glad my friend Merritt shared her tips! I’ve asked her before about her lashes, and she highly recommends this product. I need to try it!
- Tory Burch Foundation feature on Debbie Sterling, founder of GoldieBlox – great thoughts on building the next generation of female engineers
- Why Talent-Centric Entrepreneurs Should Treat Their Businesses Like Fashion Houses
- Why You Don’t Need Kylie Jenner as Your Next Brand Influencer – a very insightful read about how social media has amplified the everyday voices of the world
Wishing you a great weekend! Thanks as always for visiting Wear + Where + Well. See you back here on Monday.
Graphic design by Ashley Cardoza